Permaculture & Contemplative Islam
Wisdom in Nature are partnering with Inclusive Mosque Initiative to bring this two-day course designed to inform, inspire and support participants to learn about regenerating the earth and communities.
The course will take place on two consecutive Saturdays: 8 and 15 October 2016 in West London.
The course content is still being developed. However, by the end of this course participants will:
– Have an understanding of basic permaculture tools & principles, as well as permaculture ethics.
– Understand how permaculture can be used to design holistic, resilient land-based & community projects.
– Have experience of being a ‘Witness to Nature’ and recognise its importance in an applied spirituality.
– Appreciate & have experience working consciously with diversity in groups.
– Discover ecologically sound ways to apply spiritual values to contemporary challenges.
– Be enriched and inspired by fellow travellers at the exciting intersection between Permaculture and Engaged Spirituality.
The course also hopes to discuss
– What is permaculture? Introduction to permaculture ethics and principles
as well as incorporating
– Gentle zhikr (Chanting/Remembrance) – optional
– Salat (Islamic body-prayer) – optional
– Nature observation – Being a ‘Witness to Nature’
– Social Permaculture & working with community diversity
– Outdoor practical
– Reflections through spiritual reading
– Next steps
Muzammal Hussain (Permaculture Designer & Group Facilitator)
Shumaisa Khan (Permaculture & Sustainability Tutor)
For further information on course fees and to register interest visit the Facebook event page